Rhubarb tarts, pies and crumbles are some of our favorite summer treats, but since rhubarb doesn’t look like your average fruit and can sometimes be a little finicky, we worry that not everyone knows just how good it can be. We’re here to remedy that and let you know that you, too, can have that perfect sweet and tart juiciness in every bite, you just have to follow our lead!
For this recipe, we had a hankering for a pie/crisp hybrid, so we decided to throw in a store-bought pie crust on the bottom (keeping things simple here, folks), but top everything off with a delicious, buttery and crispy topping. The result was a tangy and sweet concoction that was completely devoured in a matter of minutes. Absolute perfection.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh rhubarb, diced
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, sifted
- 2 teaspoons orange or lemon zest
CLICK AT BUTTON NEXT PAGE(>) FOR RECIPE