1 hour to prepare serves 8-10
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup strawberries, mashed and undrained
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 box (3 oz) strawberry jello mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream cheese frosting, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and flour a 9-inch round baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and jello mix and mix with an electric mixer on low just until well blended.
- Add milk, oil, and eggs, and mix on low until just combined. Add mashed strawberries, increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes. Gently fold in 1/2 of the sliced strawberries with a spatula or spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared ban and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting and top with remaining sliced strawberries. Enjoy!
Adapted from Southern Hospitality Blog.