Whether you’re making this treat for your kids, or your having a cheat day on your diet, this fudgy caramel filled dessert is the perfect way to end the day. Plus, it only take four ingredients to make this!
What You Will Need:
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup evaporated milk
35 caramels, unwrapped
How To Prepare:
- Start off by heating the oven to about 350 degrees and grease your pan that you will bake your bars in.
- Mix wet ingredients (cake mix, butter, evaporated milk) to create your dough. Place half in pan and bake partially for twelve minutes.
- While the bottom half of your bar is baking you can go ahead and get your caramel ready. Heat caramels in sauce pan with remaining evaporated milk over a low heat until melted.
- The bottom of your bar should be ready for the next step so you can go ahead and remove it from the oven.
- Drizzle caramel mixture over half baked bottom and then top with remaining uncooked batter.
- Place back into the oven and let bake for an additional twenty minutes longer.
- Now comes the hard part. You’ll need to let the bars rest for about an hour and a half before you slice and serve.
- If any of them make it to the fridge, store covered.
Note: Add M&M’s or Walnuts to jazz up this recipe.