There’s nothing quite like warm, fresh out-of-the-oven, home baked bread is there? And this super-simple recipe is something for the whole family to enjoy. It’s a basic recipe, for bakers at any level, so there’s no excuse not to try it.
500 g spelt flour
20 g flaxseed
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp active dry yeast
240 ml water
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp coconut oil
2. Slowly add in the honey and water, keep mixing as you go with an electric mixer until you reach a dough consistency.
3. Sprinkle some flour on a cleaned work surface, then knead the dough until you have a firm ball.
4. Place the dough in a large bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and leave for 1-1 1/2 hours. (Until the dough has doubled in size).
5. Grease your loaf tin with coconut oil.
6. Once the dough has risen, remove it from the bowl and place it in your tin.
7. I sprinkle the top of mine with a few more sesame seeds (but this is optional).
8. Slice a few cuts on top of the loaf and then cover with a kitchen towel again for another 30-40 minutes, to let it rise again.
9. Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
10. Bake the loaf in the oven for 20-25 minutes, then leave out to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.