I could eat it any time of the day, and it’s fairly common to come over to the Merkley home on an evening and find us eating French Toast or Pancakes. Breakfast recipes are just that great! I feel like we don’t get to eat them often enough in the mornings since we’re usually in a rush, but we occasionally get to enjoy them on the weekends and holidays. One holiday we always have breakfast is on Mother’s Day. And usually I’m not the one that has to bake it!! ?
This is day I enjoy. The hubby and kiddos go all out to serve their mama, and I admit – I LOVE it! It’s nice to be catered to every once in awhile, and Mother’s Day is a holiday I’ve come to look forward to. ?
One of my favorite recipes to enjoy on this day is French Toast, and more particularly French Toast Bake. It is simple to make and is beyond delicious!! If you’re looking for a great recipe to make for mom or want to pass this recipe off to the hubby so YOU can enjoy it on Mother’s Day, then here ya go.
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf Texas toast
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar….stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan….spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar